Common Housing Terms
7 days - 7am to 9pm
(781) 599-1700
  • Register

The close-grained wood from broad-leaved trees such as oak or maple.

Double wood pieces supporting joists in a floor or double wood members placed on edge over windows and doors to transfer the roof and floor weight to the studs.

The end of a rafter that rests on the wall plate.

Hip Roof
A roof that slants upward on three or four sides.

The external angle formed by the juncture of two slopes of a roof.