Common Housing Terms
7 days - 7am to 9pm
(781) 599-1700
  • Register

Door Buck
The rough frame of a door.

The projecting frame of a recess in a sloping roof.

Double Glazing
An insulating window pane formed of two thicknesses of glass with a sealed air space between them.

Double Hung Windows
Windows with an upper and lower sash, each supported by cords and weights.

Downspout Leader
Downspout A spout or pipe to carry rain water down from a roof or gutters.

Downspout Strap
A piece of metal which secures the downspout to the eaves or wall of a building.

The projecting part of a cornice which sheds rain water.

Dry Wall
A wall surface of plasterboard or material other than plaster.